1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

2009 Harley CVO Fat Bob

2009 marks the tenth anniversary of Harley-Davidson's Custom Vehicles Operations program, which plucks bikes from Harley's lineup and builds limited edition variations replete with a long list of custom, hand-crafted touches. CVO bikes tend to be visually (as well as literally) loud, and this year's selection is no exception.

For 2009, Harley will build CVO versions of their Dyna Fat Bob ($25,299), Softail Springer ($26,999), Road Glide ($30,999), and Ultra Classic Electra Glide ($35,499). With production limited to anywhere between 2,450 and 4,200 units per model, each of the four bikes will be available in three uniquely audacious paint schemes.

2009 Harley CVO Ultra

Each CVO features the largest stock engine Harley builds-- the Screamin' Eagle Twin Cam 110-- which is finished in graphite powdercoat with chrome covers, and mated to a 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission. Other CVO touches include everything from unique components to dropped suspensions and chrome in places you couldn't imagine.

Riding impressions will be revealed in upcoming reviews, but in the meantime learn more about these pricey and exclusive bikes in our 2009 Harley-Davidson CVO Photo Gallery.

Related items:

Photos Victory
Click to enlarge

Comments
July 23, 2008 at 10:23 am
(1) Scottie says:

I look at those prices and I start thinking of the mix and match fleet I could have. Think of the options. CBR $11,600, Hayabusa $12,000, Victory Vegas $17,500 (but can be had for less), Star Stratoliner $16,600 (but can be had for less, Triumph Rocket Cruiser $17,000. Maybe a dual purpose bike. One could go on and on about the two or three or four bikes that could be had for $36,000

July 23, 2008 at 10:44 am
(2) Dave says:

I agree with the comment about being able to buy several nice bikes for what you would spend on a CVO Harley. I live in Florida and would much rather have a water cooled bike here and since Harley really only makes one, that doesn’t fill the bill. They aren’t that special and the market is already glutted with Harleys now.

July 23, 2008 at 11:46 am
(3) Tony says:

Thanks for the photos, and all the useful info that you provide throughout the year. I have an 04 Ultra, but I still like seeing whats new on the horizon. TF

July 23, 2008 at 11:57 am
(4) Peter Harvey says:

Those prices are just plain silly for what you get. I add to the previous reader’s suggestions with the Yamaha “Raider” and the new “V-Max”. I am amused too by the so called Screaming Eagle kits that folks pay a whole lot extra for, that just bring the performance and displacement up to what a metric is stock. A Roadstar is 102 cu. in. to begin with and is cheap. The Screaming Eagle makes an equivalent soft-tail into 103 cu. in. with a whole lot of money.

July 24, 2008 at 12:15 am
(5) TEVo says:

At these prices, a HD Agusta Brutale or F4 would appear to be bargains. :)

July 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm
(6) Pete says:

Grossly over priced … however the “Ultra Profile” (weird name…) is a good looking bike. Great color scheme.

July 24, 2008 at 5:38 pm
(7) Ying Kim Lee says:

Harleys… LOL

July 28, 2008 at 1:57 am
(8) Daryl says:

Yep,I agree CVO’s are not cheep. The good news is as of day my dealership already has all 09 CVO bikes allocation SOLD OUT. With a waiting list for the CVO FLTRSE3 Road Glides

July 28, 2008 at 8:33 am
(9) busfreak says:

There cheap compared to what Indian wants for there base chief.

July 29, 2008 at 8:57 am
(10) DOn Tujaka says:

I just returned from the Mid-Ohio Vintage Days. For the CVO $$$ I could have bought a BSA Victor 441, Montessa Cota, one of many very clean classic Triumphs, a BSA Gold Star, Moto Guzzi, Honda CBX and a clean 60′s vintage BMW. ALL OF THEM! I know you can’t ride them all at the same time, but they sure would look good as stood there deciding which one to ride.

July 30, 2008 at 9:13 pm
(11) george says:

Harley dealers are quick to somehow justify their new prices but just try to trade-in a current year model. These bikes depreciate quicker than the speed of gravity.

August 6, 2008 at 4:26 pm
(12) Russ says:

These bikes are for the high-gloss all options & paint CVO bikes. Not the standard bikes they sell. They don’t make many of these models but they are nice to look at and see some of the options on a real bike. Just back from Sturgis and way more Harleys than all others combined. Outside of perhaps Gold Wings, I saw way more custom bikes than any other brand.

August 9, 2008 at 10:32 pm
(13) Jeff Bratton says:

saying their over priced? I have had 2 cvo bikes & they will return 98% of the purchase price. try that with the metric bikes!

April 19, 2009 at 8:58 pm
(14) dave says:

I have a 2006 road king i paid 18,500 new. I am trading it in this week for an electra glide. Guess how much im getting for trade? Im getting 14,800. Who says they drop in value like gravity? Oh! and did i say its bone stock.

May 5, 2009 at 4:37 pm
(15) Don M says:

I just bought my first Harley( CVO 2009 fatbob) two weeks ago i have allways ridden others the ride home was great couldnt keep the smile off my face I also purchesed a 09
Vmax I cant keep the smile off my face when I
ride it eather two deffrent bikes two difrent
thrills if it feels good just do it

Don M

July 10, 2009 at 12:10 am
(16) Richard says:

LOL, apparently all those that are making digs at the Harley’s and the CVO’s have never ridden one. Like comparing a kia Soul to a Lincoln town car

August 1, 2009 at 5:17 pm
(17) Bill says:

Metric bikers are almost there… that’s why they’re here looking at these Harleys. Just like the Japanese car people – brag on their poor choice and cry about jobs and economy in the US. These people stepped in dung and are so put out that everyone hasn’t too, That’s all it is! Don’t be too hard on them, they’re sorry!

September 26, 2009 at 5:35 pm
(18) DOUG SPRINGERCVO says:

I just bought my first harley.When i saw it i was in love . I bought a 2009 cvo springer green flames . I am thirtynine i will never get rid of this bike dont spend your money on forein crap.

March 3, 2010 at 1:24 pm
(19) Badcharlie says:

Harley are great and so are “metric” bikes. If you are a true biker you’ll appreciate the different rides and feels. I own a 2009 Fatboy and this is my first ever Harley. I just love it; and you know what guys, I never thought I would! Why? Because I am a metric guy, with a BMW K1300R to be specific; A mean looking machine with performance to put to shame virtually just about any other bike on the planet! But,,, I still love the Harley and I am looking for a 2009 Springer CVO to replace the Fatboy. Am I making the right decision folks? By the way, do not try comparing Metric to Harleys! Its just like asking he question, which is better a horse or a camel!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2010 at 11:26 pm
(20) RocketMan says:

Ijust got my second harley and would have nothing less