1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

2009 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter Naked Bike Ducati's new 1098 Streetfighter is a naked, traction control-equipped version of their fully-faired superbike, and pretty much makes their Monster lineup sound like a misnomer. Boasting a slightly less powerful 1098 engine that produces 155 horsepower and 85 lb-ft of torque (5 less hp and lb-ft than the fully-faired 1098), this exposed exotic wears its insides on the outside with enough sharp edges and complicated lines to inspire plenty of healthy debate about its beauty... or, lack thereof. Incidentally, last year's 1098 gets uprated to an 1198 for 2009.

Do you think the ultra-aggressive Ducati 1098 Streetfigher is a looker, or is the fully-faired 1098 the best looking Ducati on the market?

Take a look at our 2009 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter Photo Gallery, and let us know what you think.

Related:

Photo Ducati
Click for Photo Gallery

Comments
November 4, 2008 at 9:39 am
(1) D Mack says:

I think this is a really great looking bike, and I can’t wait for the big red demo truck to come to my neighborhood next year! Should be good enough competition to scare the MV Brutale and Buell 1125CR. I think there’s concern in forums elsewhere about how this will steal sales from the new Monster 1100, but the StreetFighter should be just a class above (performance and price-wise).

In terms of looks, I’d have to give the nod to the 1098/848, definitely the best looking bike out there. My own personal prefs. for best looking bike:

Super/Sportbike
1. Ducati 1098/848
2. MV Agusta F4 312R
3. Triumph Daytona 675
4. Aprilia RSV1000R
5. Honda RC51 (R.I.P.)

Naked/Streetfighter
1. MV Agusta Brutale
2. Ducati Streetfighter
3. Kawasaki Z1000 (2007+)
4. Ducati Hypermotard
5. Kawasaki ER-6n

November 4, 2008 at 2:12 pm
(2) Heron says:

I’ve just been sitting around waiting for something to happen.,

November 4, 2008 at 3:23 pm
(3) motorcycles says:

D Mack,

I agree that the Streetfighter looks sharp, though the real test will be when we can see it in person.

And you’re right, there’s a huge performance difference between it and the Monster (even though 1098 sounds close to 1100… the former is a 155 horsepower liquid-cooled engine, the latter is air-cooled and produces a full 60 less horsepower.)

Basem

November 7, 2008 at 2:27 pm
(4) TEvo says:

The Streetfighter S also is supposed to have DTC (Ducati Traction Control), the same front & rear wheel-speed sensor based traction control system the ($28K) 1098R has.

That, my friends, is trickle down technology one can believe in. :)

April 2, 2009 at 5:28 pm
(5) Jake11 says:

The bike looks greate! no debate needed it looks fantastic!

April 2, 2009 at 5:28 pm
(6) Jake11 says:

The bike looks great! No debate needed it looks fantastic!

August 6, 2009 at 5:47 am
(7) steve says:

I Love the look of this bike! I test drove the S model and it was fantastic. awesome power and comfortable can’t wait to purchase one.

November 16, 2009 at 6:46 pm
(8) Robert Kennedy says:

I love the look of the ducati street fighter – seriously the sexiest looking race bike ever.