1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

2010 Honda Interstate Honda has confirmed five more motorcycles for their 2010 lineup, but don't brace yourself-- the bike's aren't all-new groundbreakers like the much-ballyhooed VFR1200F. Among the 2010 announcements is the Sportster-like Shadow RS, the familiar ST1300 sport tourer, and three Fury chopper variants-- the Sabre, Stateline, and touring-equipped Interstate... but dude, where's the CB1100?

2010 Honda Shadow RSThe naked, 1960s-inspired CB1100F concept and even sexier CB1100R rocked the scene back in 2007, and made another appearance at this year's Tokyo Motor Show. But we haven't heard a peep as to whether or not the bikes are destined for production, which only makes me pine for them more.

Check out the new 2010 models in this updated 2009/2010 Buyer's Guide, and drop a line if you-- like me-- would like to see the CB1100 come to fruition!

Related:

Photos © Honda; click for Buyer's Guide

Comments
November 14, 2009 at 10:37 am
(1) Carrie says:

Same old same old. Only ones I would be interested in would be the sport tourers, but I don’t think I’ll be buying for a while anyway.

November 14, 2009 at 11:22 am
(2) Joe says:

I agree Carrie, same old, same old from Honda. I like the cb1100 but even that could have been made better, 1100cc is to big, should have made a cb750, that would have sold really well I think. With the retro look, light weight, and nimble handling of a 750 size it would have matched up against bikes like the Triumph Bonaville which is a really nice good selling bike. Honda just seems to be missing the mark lately, shame, I really loved Honda’s but can’t say they are making a lot of bikes that I think are that great lately.

November 16, 2009 at 11:01 am
(3) Pete says:

Unfortunately, the cost to bring a European model to North American spec is very often high enough to make the bike unsaleable over here. Stupid, bureaucratic
garbage like reflectors and fuel hose, that on the surface are nit picky BS (and they are), but the cost to modify every bike is through the roof. We miss a lot of nice bikes when the North American dist’s would LOVE to bring them in!

March 17, 2010 at 3:59 pm
(4) Mike Frye says:

Iíve been riding Hondas for 35 years but if they donít come out with a decent naked muscle /touring/cruiser before my Valkyrie starts to wear out Iíll be buying a Triumph Roadster. Wake up Honda, a large displacement flat 6 or V 4 cruiser/touring/muscle bike with the handling, comfort and longevity of the Valkyrie but making at least 150 hp/150 ft.lbs. torque would be a market leader. Give it a sixth gear while youíre at it too.

September 7, 2010 at 12:13 pm
(5) Neil says:

I would also like to see the CB1100. It must come down to the fact that Honda saw the Suzuki VStrom sell so they brought the NT700V here. Then you look at American roads on the weekend and see tons of Harleys and often little else. We purists who just want a basic naked bike are in the minority. The 919 was almost it but the pipes stunk up your clothes and it was too sporty for the old school guys from the 1970s. I love the CB1100 video that the engineers made which has two parts on Youtube and I agree wholeheartedly with them. I like other Honda’s, but the CB1100 is really for me. We just need more of “us”, to buy it.

September 8, 2010 at 9:01 am
(6) Eric says:

I like the CB1100, but what really floats my boat, is the CB1300 – that is a ‘Europe Only’ model. They could kick up the engine a little, and the bike would probably do well here in the states – if nothing else as a Harley alternative for the arthritic crowd (like myself :-)
Honda better do something soon, as that Strom gets better every time I take it out.
E-