1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Basem Wasef

Wild Hogs Sequel Canceled... Are You Disappointed or Relieved?

By December 18, 2009

No Wild Hogs Sequel Call it the ride that never happened: the sequel to 2007's John Travolta/Tim Allen/Martin Lawrence/William H. Macy surprise hit Wild Hogs has been scrapped.

The sequel was to feature the same actors, incorporating a plotline in which the guys take Dudley (Macy's character) out for one last ride before he marries Maggie (played by Marisa Tomei.) According to Daily Variety, "... the understanding in the community is that getting a production start on a Mouse House film will be a huge challenge if it doesn't squarely fit the Disney family branded model."

Last year I asked if you would watch a theoretical Wild Hogs 2, and 78 percent of you said, "Absolutely!" How about now?

Source: Bikes in the Fast Lane, Daily Variety

Related:

Photo montage Basem Wasef

Comments
December 18, 2009 at 1:56 pm
(1) Pete says:

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnn…..
The first one was amusing in parts…let it die a quiet death.

December 18, 2009 at 2:01 pm
(2) larry says:

MAKE THE MOVIE!!!!!

December 18, 2009 at 10:16 pm
(3) ryde4ever says:

The first one wasn’t too realistic. Old guys having fun on motorcycles…hmmm…wait a minute. that would be me. :-) Well, the fighting crap wasn’t realistic. But it was quite entertaining and I was looking forward to the next one.

December 21, 2009 at 11:36 am
(4) Scottie says:

Relieved. I was appalled at how casually they approached such a potentially dangerous activity as riding – no helmets, crashing and walking away, etc. – crazy.

Hey, we all have bills to pay, but I was really disappointed that Macy took that role.

City Slickers = Bad.
City Slickers on motorcycles = bad too.

December 22, 2009 at 12:34 pm
(5) Joe in Texarkana says:

If you liked the 3 Stooges doing the same thing over and over, you will like WH2.

December 23, 2009 at 10:27 am
(6) JameK says:

Glad they decided to not waste the money making a sequel to a bad movie.

December 23, 2009 at 12:50 pm
(7) LCS249 says:

Good riddance. What a dumb p.o.s.

Side issue: We live in New Mexico where a good piece of it was filmed. They built a fake diner in the town of Madrid for the movie, which is still there. Madrid is a biker destination, in desperate need of a good diner. (The only real restaurant is crap.) All we have is a fake one with signs that announce it’s a fake and not for use by the public.

December 23, 2009 at 3:36 pm
(8) vegasvfr says:

Some aspects were ok, Melissa is always nice to see, but it bogged down in many areas and even though you come into it expecting it to be slapstick and a comedy farce, their shift attempt to be warm and fussy, became warm and well you know. Sequels are usually worst so let it die.

December 23, 2009 at 4:33 pm
(9) Decio - Brazil says:

I agree with Joe, when I heard about the movie I was thinking it was something like riding with bikes across the US like Easy Rider, only you feel the magic of Easy Rider when you make a month trip, you feel the places the sun…
I was disappointed by this movie, \i felt a little bit of ridicularizing those that have good intentions..
Peter Fonda must if somebody hears it in Hollywood make Easy Rider II, a serious movie….for nobody to critisize…

January 2, 2010 at 6:54 pm
(10) Tyler says:

I think it was a stupid idea they canceled wildhogs 2 i ride and i saw the first movie and i loved it billions of people did and rich ross is the dumbest man alive because he canceled it.

February 2, 2010 at 4:52 pm
(11) GLENDA WILSON says:

WE WOULD DEFINITELY WATCH IT. WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER ONE. WHEN WE WENT THE THEATER WAS BOOKED SOLID AND EVERYONE LAUGHED SO HARD WE CRIED. WE NEVER HEARD A BAD REMARK MADE ABOUT IT. AND FOR THOSE WHO THINK SOME OF THE THINGS WAS UNREALISTIC; WELL THAT IS WHY I GO TO SOME OF THE MOVIES. TO GET AWAY FROM REALITY FOR AWHILE. MY WHOLE FAMILY LOVED IT AND WE BOUGHT THE DVD AND HAVE WATCHED IT MANY TIMES SINCE. AND WE STILL LAUGH.

February 10, 2010 at 9:49 pm
(12) Mario says:

The reason for no sequel is most of the movie theaters made no money. Like most rallies & other motorcycle events, all the leather clad pirates kept their money stashed away, ie, didn’t buy no popcorn & soda or other snacks. Now if theaters were to start selling t-shirts & childish helmet stickers instead of popcorn, it might be a different story…

May 12, 2010 at 10:09 am
(13) v2iper says:

I would go see #2. I loved the first Wild Hogs. If you live the Biker Community you know the Stereotyping was just perfect…Yep very very funny movie.

December 8, 2010 at 12:53 am
(14) collinsfriend says:

I’d like a sequel to the Wild Hogs, but only if they take the time and inspiration to make it a GOOD sequel and not lame. It was a fun movie and could be even a series if the right people did the right thing.

December 11, 2010 at 11:34 pm
(15) Butch says:

Bring it back – it is awesome! Come on guys!

January 16, 2011 at 1:21 pm
(16) vic says:

i’m disappointed, i was looking forward to seeing more motorcycles and comedies.

February 21, 2011 at 4:23 pm
(17) Mike SHort says:

Wild Hogs was a big hit and I laughed till I cried. Those of us that grew up with motorcycles loved it as it brought back a lot of fond memories. It was a comedy for Chrits sack so all the liberals should quit crying because it was not realistic. Who cares I want to see another funnier than hell motorcycle movie.

November 23, 2011 at 12:13 pm
(18) KahunaKane says:

Yeah, bring back a sequel. The 1st HOGS was a riot, although they sure pushed the homosexual theme a bit too much…but all in all it was a funny and entertaining flick. Too many guys are complaining that it wasn’t realistic- so what??? It was a comedy, and one that touched those of us who ride but aren’t the young Bucks we used to be, and age has us hurting in places we didn’t know we had places. I say bring on WILD HOGS2!

March 9, 2012 at 6:27 am
(19) Farhan says:

I am definately disappointed, Really wanted it to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 25, 2012 at 11:01 am
(20) Mike Allen says:

Now that the head of Disney that axed the sequel has been fired, do you suppose Disney will rethink the production of a sequel of Wild Hogs?They had done a lot of prep work, so if they can get the actors to re-commit, it could be put together pretty quickly.