At least based on emails I've received from my readers, the stock 2010 Honda CB1100 appears to have successfully evoked the interest of traditionalists with firsthand CB-Series Honda experience. And while my personal exposure to the Mugen brand has primarily been to souped up, over-the-top Fast & Furious-style Honda Civics, their treatment of the modern CB1100 is actually pretty tasteful.
The lightly modded bike adds a bikini-style fairing, a café style seat, passenger grab rails, and slightly smaller fenders. Chromed four-into-one exhaust pipes have also been ditched for dual, matte black megaphones.
Though other mechanical mods will surely become available when tuners can spend some quality time with the bike's new engine, we're guessing the average CB1100 buyer won't go much further than the mods you see here-- though I think a set of bar-end mirrors would round out the café theme rather nicely.
- 2010 Honda CB1100 Photo Gallery
- Honda Confirms Five More 2010 Motorcycles... But Dude, Where's The CB1100?
- 2009/2010 Honda Buyer's Guide
- 2007 Tokyo Motor Show Honda Motorcycles Revealed
- Retro-Styled Honda CB1100F, CB1100R, and Futuristic EVO6 Concepts Revealed!
Photo © Mugen; click to enlarge