1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Basem Wasef

American Chopper Returns, Pits Teutul Senior Against Junior

By April 8, 2010

Orange County Choppers
Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. haven't spoken in over a year, but their ongoing rift isn't stopping them from appearing in a new show that pits the warring generations against each other.

"American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior" starts taping in a week, and is scheduled to debut on The Learning Channel in August. Under the new premise-- the details of which have yet to be ironed out-- the original Orange County Choppers (run by Paul Sr.) competes against the offspring's Paul Jr. Designs business.

In what proportion will each business be featured, and how will the onscreen drama be treated? Executive producer Christo Doyle doesn't share his secrets, but he does tell the NY Post that "This is a very bitter situation that runs really deep -- at times I feel I'm a family therapist and not a producer."

As for the Teutuls, Junior says "I'm always hopeful for a reconciliation, but sometimes these things happen for a reason." In contrast, Senior claims that Junior has never approached him to reconcile, adding that, "I'm happy he's making an attempt to go out on his own, but I don't feel he's ever really followed through with anything in his life."

Ahh, family...

Source: NY Post

Related:

Photo Getty Images; click to enlarge

Comments
April 9, 2010 at 9:18 am
(1) Mick says:

I knew this family’s “15 minutes” was far from over. Guess they all still needed that extra paycheck now that the big-budget custom bike market is on a major downslide.

They should wait until Jesse James is done with his joke of a rehab stint, and throw him in the mix. Call it the “Dysfunctional Biker Build-Off.”

April 9, 2010 at 5:12 pm
(2) pc1975 says:

Anyone who honestly believes this family is going through a crisis should abstain from viewing this show. The last thing any family needs while dealing with inner turmoil is to be the object of an exploitative reality TV show.

April 11, 2010 at 7:30 am
(3) pos says:

I have never seen a son who has no respect for his father like paul jr. Paul sr. may have had his problems growing up, but to start a business and making it grow like he did shows he turned his life around. Paul jr. I hope when you have a family your kids don’t treat you like you treated your dad. Grow up and deflate that big.

April 11, 2010 at 11:13 am
(4) Pete says:

Another soap opera resurrected…they can call it “As the groin pulls”.
At least it won’t be on Speed any more. Now…if we could have a channel for just NASCAR & these clowns, we could ignore both at the same time!

April 12, 2010 at 4:16 am
(5) Basem Wasef - Motorcycles Guide says:

Pete,

I’m so busy ignoring so many different things (including this), I’m not sure I’d have the attention to ignore the Teutuls and NASCAR. Shucks.

Basem

July 10, 2010 at 11:42 pm
(6) Croc says:

The old fart’s gonna die lonely surrounded by a bunch of posers…
When’s he gonna realize there’d be no OCC without both Jr. and Himself.
F’n hateful old goat has unresolved Daddy issues Big-time!

July 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm
(7) B says:

Everyone loves to hate whos on top! OCC made it huge because someone at Discovery saw potential to make a show. That does not take away from thier talent to build bikes! Stop hatin’ and don’t watch the show if you can’t appreciate that drama happens in every shop, not to mention shops where families are involved. Every family is disfunctional but they are not televised!!
Jr. is sooo talented but the work ethic between ideas sucks, Sr. is WAY overbearing whenever Jr. is there, and Mikey would love to not care but really does! Good luck to Vinnie and Cody In their shop. Sit back and watch if you love to see great bikes get built or get salty and complain!! I’m out!!

August 3, 2010 at 1:44 pm
(8) little big man says:

HI LBM. Ther is a post on this page.and it said about a son as no respect for his farther.it is about Paul jnr i think some one is watching another bike show.Paul snr as no respect for his sons or any one come to that. on this page people say all things in ther own way and that is how it should be.so from me L.B.M. stay safe on your wheels.Aug.3.2010.Manchester England.

August 3, 2010 at 4:41 pm
(9) rick says:

Paul Sr. is a miserable douchebag! He can’t stand the fact that Paul Jr. is the talent of the show. Whats up with Mikey? Grow up, get responsible, and contribute! I wish Vinny and Cody the best in their new endeavor. P.S.- Did I say that Paul Sr. is a living DOUCHE!

August 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm
(10) BikerGuy says:

I hope Paul Jr buries his father with the new business. Junior has fresh. new ideas. How many times has Paul Senior snubbed them out? Many times!

It’s one thing to be a biker, and to be one with the attitude, but to your own sons? That crap is wrong. Senior made a big mistake by mistreating his son… just watch and see.

August 13, 2010 at 2:30 am
(11) PETE YBARRA says:

I DONT KNOW WHY HIS DAD THINKS HES GONNA FAIL THE ONLY REASON ANY ONE TUNES IN TO WATCH IT CAUSE OF HIS SON HES THE BRAINS TO THINKING OF HOW A BIKE SHOULD BE MADE ..ALL HIS DAD DOSE IS COME IN AN RUIN A SOME WHAT PEACEFULL PLACE HE NEVER JUST FOR THE SAKE OF OK NESSS SHUT HIS MOUTH ITS JUSRT A FAT OLD MAN WHO CANT STAND THAT HIS SONS ARE SMARTER THAN HIM S**** MICKY EVEN KNOWS WHEN TO SHUT IT HIS DAD IS ON THE ROAD TO HAVING A HEART ATTAC AN I FOR ONE WONT MISSS HIM..BET NO ONES GONNA MISS HIM LIKE THEY DID WHEN CAPT PHILL DIED!!!!THAT MAN WAS SOME ONE TO RESPECT …

August 14, 2010 at 9:45 pm
(12) bren says:

When watching the show, Paul Jr. and Mikey are going on and do not say anything about there Dad. But that old man does nothing but trash talk his sons. When none of your children speak to you maybe, you need to look in the mirror. If he would have been as nice to Vinny, Mikey
Paul Jr. and Cody they would still be there. Funny all he did was scream and holler, and never come to work.
But now he is there all the time and so nice. He is the a
definition of JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 24, 2010 at 6:13 pm
(13) Neru says:

Have you noticed how haggard and deflated the old man looks this season? I think he might be ill. Plus it looks like Mikey has gained like 100 lbs. A sad situation.

September 24, 2010 at 7:39 pm
(14) Master David Goodmen says:

I am aware of this show, but only peripherally. My brother loves the show, so I do hear much of it.

Not knowing who was involved, I heard one person, just venoming out with a long stream of “You worthless piece of garbage!” type of talk. I heard the other person, only a little.
I thought, “Why the hell do you work there? I would have left, right then!
Hearing it was father and son, I could somewhat understand the kid putting up with it. I could not understand the father—whom one would reasonably expect to be an adult—behaving the way he did. Geeeeezz!

I am happy to hear junior made his own way. Even if his business fails, he could easily get a job, at another shop!

December 8, 2010 at 6:18 am
(15) Becky says:

I have watched American Choppers for a long time. Now looking at Senior on the new show, there seems to be something wrong with Senior. He has lost a lot of weight and he looks terrible. Has he been having heart problems or something. With his face red all the time, I am not surprised that he hasn’t fallen over from a heart attach yet.
I am extremely concerned.

December 12, 2010 at 11:18 pm
(16) bob says:

wouldnt mind giving juniors missus a go!

September 19, 2011 at 7:18 pm
(17) Gary Lester says:

Both junior and senior teams are building freaking sic looking bikes!