1. Autos

Basem Wasef

Introducing the 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Lineup

By July 20, 2011

2012 Harley Davidson CVO Lineup

Every summer like clockwork, Harley-Davidson unveils its Custom Vehicles Operations collection, a limited production array of bikes that wear garish paint jobs, retina-searing chrome, and big bore engines you can't get on any other Hog.

This year's CVO lineup doesn't shy away from the trend with four high-priced, low volume factory custom motorcycles: the Road Glide Custom ($30,699), Softail Convertible ($29,699), Street Glide ($32,699), and Ultra Classic Electra Glide ($37,249). The bikes are powered by a Screamin' Eagle 110 engine, and feature labor-intensive items like fuel tanks that take over a week to hand paint and megawatt stereos systems with as many as 8 speakers.

See every color of every bike in this 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Lineup (and click each closeup for an extra large view), and check out my first ride of the 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Custom.

Related:

Photo Harley-Davidson
Click for Buyer's Guide

Comments
July 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm
(1) Eli Sahato says:

wow, I had not thought about those Bikes, But Aren’t they looks amazing? There are many reasons to buy only a bike from Harley-Davidson and the simple Reason is that everywhere you go or ride, You’re get the Right and the funny air and freedom while you’re Riding a bike like harley-davidson. Don’t forget how to buy.. Money? Motorcycles with prices like that doesn’t goes very well. they should to turn the prices.. it’s not compare. I want a bike that cost almost 19,000&.. no more than that.

July 21, 2011 at 10:06 am
(2) Kev D. says:

Can’t believe people still buy enough CVOs to warrant building new ones every year. The thought of $10-15k+ worth of add-ons that barely help to get these things moving out of their own way, as well as giving them hideous ‘custom’ paint jobs (seriously, who does these design studies? Preschoolers with fingerpaint?) is just mind-boggling. No wonder the local HD showrooms still have leftover CVOs from ’08 still sitting on their floors.

July 21, 2011 at 11:45 am
(3) Joe says:

Kev, again you should do more research, HD sell out all of their CVO’s every yr. If you saw a 08 it’s a used one. I do agree that these bikes are way to expensive but if HD sells out every yr I can’t blame them for making them.

July 22, 2011 at 8:28 am
(4) Kev D. says:

You’re flat out wrong, Joe Schmoe. They do not sell out every year. The ’08s and ’09s on the floor were new. Brand new. You know, as in never owned? Or do you need to do ‘research’ to learn what ‘brand new’ means? Leftovers exist at dealers across the country. I know this to be a fact, because I’ve looked through the master ICLs (inventory control lists…but I’m sure you knew that, right Mr. Research?). Its not even hard to get that information, but you don’t want to seem to ‘do the research’…its obvious you’re just another Harley guppy fanboy that’s blinded by brand loyalty and can’t see the facts. Now stop attacking my posts, and talk about the topic at hand…you do realize this is a motorcycle blog, right?

July 22, 2011 at 8:59 am
(5) Joe says:

Hey Kev, my research was done right HERE!! Basem posted about the CVO’s selling out every yr. Here is a link Kev, look at post 4 of the comments. It’s Basem saying they sell out every yr. http://motorcycles.about.com/b/2010/06/18/introducing-the-2011-harley-davidson-cvo-models.htm What does the D stand in your name for Kev, I’m guessing DUMB!

August 17, 2012 at 6:09 pm
(6) Ron Braatz says:

Kev price out all the options included. My 11 cvo street glide has hydronic clutch floating abs breaks super stereo with increased amps agitator wheels custom paint low pro file tires 110 engine . I just went through 16000 miles with no warenty claims done 120 my friends 103 tops out at 115 I’m disappointed there won’t be a 13 cvo street glide . I’m going to test ride a cvo road glide when there out , can’t wate for my next one. I’ve been to many western states dealers don’t see many cvo bikes.