There are a few fairly traditional ways to keep cool on a motorcycle, but Harley-Davidson's new Hydration Vest uses novel technology to beat the heat during high temperature rides.
If you've ever soaked your jacket to cool off, you'll appreciate how this product works: according to its press release, the vest is lined with "polyacrylite crystals that absorb and hold water," which become fully hydrated after 10 minutes of soaking. Hit the road, and the crystals enable slow evaporation that offers a prolonged cooling effect. The vest is designed to fit snugly with stretch side panels and a zippered front, and is available in small to 5XL sizes. The crystals can last up to one year or 50 uses.
The Hydration Vest is available at most Harley-Davidson dealerships, and starts at $55. (<-- Insert joke here about how manufacturers of liquid-cooled bikes don't need to invent products like this.)
- 5 Ways to Stay Cool on a Motorcycle
- How Do You Stay Cool on a Motorcycle?
- Dainese Air-2 Vented Summer Motorcycle Jacket Review
- Harley Davidson's Military Archive Apparel Taps WWII Nostalgia
- Stereotypical Harley...
- Endangered Species: Harleys in Havana
- Harley-Davidson's 8 Gift Ideas for Under $75
- Willie G Davidson's Greatest Hits: A Brief Selection From an Expansive Career
Photo © Harley-Davidson