1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Basem Wasef

Triumph Announces 2013 Tiger Explorer XC Edition

By September 5, 2012

2012 Triumph Motorcycles

Fans of the standard Triumph Explorer, that burly, big-bore, 135 horsepower adventure tourer, can now get a kitted-out XC version inspired by the offroad-ready Tiger 800 XC.

Unlike the XC-equipped Tiger which offers elongated suspension travel, the Tiger Explorer XC adds aggro accessories: hand guards, fog lights, a belly pan, and engine bars. At least offroaders will appreciate the aluminum rimmed, steel spoked wheels (19" front and 17" rear), though they're wrapped in tubeless tires.

Pricing hasn't been announced yet, but the standard Tiger Explorer runs $15,699 and includes traction control, cruise control, and switchable ABS.

Related:

Photos Triumph

Comments
September 5, 2012 at 1:08 pm
(1) Dabber says:

This style bike appeals to me! Being long legged and liking to put miles on a bike. Maybe not this particular bike ,but I like the street version. Adventure sport are increasing in popularity, for the do it all capabilities. I’m glad to see more offerings from many mfg’s.

September 8, 2012 at 11:32 am
(2) Scottie says:

I like

I love my cruiser, but every time I’m on a road that runs out of asphalt I wish I was on a more nimble bike.

September 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm
(3) Basem Wasef - About.com Motorcycles Guide says:

Scottie,

How often do you run out of road?

September 10, 2012 at 10:37 am
(4) Scottie says:

Not that often where I ride now, but if I get a chance to move/retire to New Mexico, it will will happen all the time.

September 25, 2012 at 10:14 am
(5) jon says:

Of course, they come out with the one I want in the color I love right after I buy the 2012 Explorer. Crap, I wonder how much they’ll want for those rims? I can only imagine since the front rim on my bike is about 600.00. I hope they come out with a more sturdy pannier kit because the factory one I have is a little weak. I will not be taking my Explorer off road!

November 3, 2012 at 11:28 am
(6) Brian says:

My next bike will be an adventure bike…I’m just trying to narrow down the options…I do like this bike…a lot!