It takes a committed electric motorcycle enthusiast to dedicate $19,000-- more than the cost of a Ducati 1199 Panigale-- towards a brand new Brammo Empulse R.
What you get for nearly twenty Gs-- a six-speed transmission, Brembo brakes, Marzocchi forks-- is remarkable within the extremely limited market of mainstream electric rides. But more crucially, does this high-end 'scoot live up to its claimed range of 121 miles in the city, or 56 miles on the highway?
I put this newest player in the electric game to the test, and share my thoughts in this 2013 Brammo Empulse R Review.
- BMW c Evolution Electric Scooter Review: Coming Soon to a Future Near You
- 2013 Zero Electric Motorcycles Claim 137 Mile Range, Double the Horsepower, Super Quick Charges
- What's it Like to Live with an Electric Motorcycle?
- How a Buell Veteran Landed in the Electric Motorcycle Business
- Photo Gallery: Brammo Empulse Electric Motorcycle
- 2011 Zero S Review: The Electric Motorcycle Grows Up... Sorta
- Brammo's Empulse: 100+ MPH, 121 City Mile Range, $17,000 (!)
Photo © Basem Wasef