If you trust Yamaha's in-house research findings (or simply took my word for it a year and a half ago), it's high time the venerable FJR1300 was updated: sport touring bike sales are climbing steadily, the average FJR owner's household income is higher than ever, and the percentage of FJR riders embarking on long or overnight trips has doubled in the last three years.
But rather than completely reinventing the FJR1300A, changes were implemented throughout to deliver a better handling, more comfortable, and visually updated sport touring motorcycle.
How did Yamaha tweak the FJR1300 to keep up with the likes of the Kawasaki Concours 14, Honda ST1300 and VFR, and BMW K1300S... not to mention new kids on the block like the Triumph Trophy SE? Find out in my review, 2013 Yamaha FJR1300: Refining the Stalwart Sport Tourer.
- 2013 Yamaha FJR1300A Update Skips Sixth Gear; FZ8 Gets Uprated Suspension
- 2011 Yamaha FJR1300A Review
- 2013 Triumph Trophy SE: Big Bore, High-Tech Touring
- 2012 BMW K1600 Review
- Kawasaki Concours 14 Review
- Honda Gold Wing Long Term Reports
Photo © Triumph