Not too long ago, we debated whether Star Motorcycles' new Bolt was a viable alternative to Harley-Davidson's venerable Sportster; today, I saddled up with both versions of the Bolt-- a standard and an R-Spec-- and spent nearly a hundred miles gleaning riding impressions on this factory custom style cruiser.
How does the Bolt, which is priced only nine dollars cheaper than the Iron 883 Sportster, compare to the Motor Company's half century old design?
Read about my thoughts in this 2014 Star Motorcycles Bolt Review.
- 2014 Star Motorcycles Bolt R-Spec: Japanese Answer to Harley's Sportster?
- Harley-Davidson Iron 883 Review
- 2012 Star Stratoliner Deluxe Review
- 2011 Star Stryker Review
- Can the 2008 Yamaha Star Raider Beat Harley at the Custom Cruiser Game?
- 2009 Yamaha V-Star 950 & V-Star 950 Tourer Review
Photos © Brian J. Nelson; click for review