1. Autos

Basem Wasef

What Would You Do if You Were Held at Gunpoint on a Motorcycle?

By October 13, 2013

Bikejacking

>>WARNING: Video clip contains violence<<

Things can quickly turn south when you're riding anywhere in the world, but Brazil is especially notorious for its wanton violence and Wild West-style robberies. Take, for instance, this attempted bikejacking which was captured with a helmet cam in Brazil's largest metropolis, São Paolo.

Spoiler alert: The assailant didn't make it far with the motorcycle, and the clip reveals how quickly justice can be served when the right people with the right weapons happen to witness a crime in progress.

That said, if you were confronted by a gun-wielding thug, would you fight back or hand over your bike?

Source: Opposite Lock

Related:

Photo © YouTube

Comments
October 14, 2013 at 8:40 am
(1) Pete says:

Oh good! More bad press for bikes. Fortunately, this genius got exactly what he had coming. Clever disguise too…BB hat (backwards of course), shades, shorts & flip flops.
What would I do? Exactly what this poor guy did…give him the bike and hope like hell the massive intellect holding the .44, doesn’t have involuntary twitch and kill me.

October 14, 2013 at 9:30 am
(2) Scottie says:

I agree with Pete. Let the guy have the bike. He needs it to get to his Mensa club meeting.

October 15, 2013 at 6:51 pm
(3) Pete says:

You Tube pulled the video claiming it was “shocking and disgusting”. Funny…I never thought justice to be shocking or disgusting.
It’s just…..justice.

October 16, 2013 at 2:24 pm
(4) Wayne says:

Not all that disgusting. Nothing like immediate karma. Here’s a link to see the video: http://www.rushlane.com/motorcycle-hijacker-caught-1292645.html

October 16, 2013 at 4:29 pm
(5) ccrider77 says:

The best way to avoid this is to not be there. When you make your vacation plans, do your homework and stay out of areas with high crime, corrupt police and unstable governments.

October 16, 2013 at 4:33 pm
(6) renato says:

As a Brazilian I say that increasingly this kind of assault is common in the city I live in, São Paulo. 23 years ago I was the victim of such an incident and lost my the bike. It was very sad to see my bike leaving ..

This victim was lucky because it is very common in the outlaw biker shoot first and then take the bike, I already had friends who have gone through it.
What can we do? Paying values ​​soaring insurance, motorcycle riding in groups, deliver the bike and have our lives back.

And of course, do not buy stolen parts!
Good roads for everyone!

Renato

October 16, 2013 at 5:11 pm
(7) Peter says:

Well that was over with quickly!
Of course judging by the way the guy was riding, maybe he needed his bike taken away. he just made up his own lanes.

October 16, 2013 at 11:00 pm
(8) Pete says:

Peter…for the most part, the people who comment here seem thoughtful, articulate, informed, and decent.
That comment of yours ranks up there with top 3 dumbest things anyone has said on this forum in a year.
“He needed his bike taken away” ????!

October 17, 2013 at 2:25 am
(9) Survivour says:

Bad neighbourhood – need to be wary of these wannabe thugs. I would have fed him his gun – because I’m trained to, but in general – give him the bike. I hope they caught his Bart Simpson accomplice without the number plate.

October 17, 2013 at 10:56 am
(10) Peter says:

Pete, you’re right. Sometimes my comments are poorly worded. I was off in another direction and blocked out the severity of what was happening. While his riding was careless, it was not the time to make that comment. I apologize for that insensitivity.

October 17, 2013 at 2:09 pm
(11) TF says:

Justified in the wild west. Should have shot the tire and disabled the bike. If thief came up with a gun, then exterminate him.

October 17, 2013 at 2:27 pm
(12) Bill says:

U-Tube wanted me to “sign in ” to verify my age….Sounds like a scam to me so I did not and will not watch whatever it was! How is signing in telling anyone how old you are? Quit posting links to scam sites !

October 17, 2013 at 3:28 pm
(13) Pete says:

Peter…all good. Cheers!

October 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm
(14) Matt says:

I would defend myself. The criminals aren’t the only ones with teeth.

October 23, 2013 at 1:43 pm
(15) brazeagle says:

Sorry for that soul…I imagine he will no longer be acting that way on this plane…
Brazil is such a great Country, but delinquency has increased so much in the past 20 years, that is why I am in NY. There is no justice for the regular citizen in Brazil.

This does not YET happen in America because Law Enforcement take it seriously, as it is part of the culture.

If every criminal got hammered (down) for the next 50 years in Brasil, I assure we would become a safe Country.
100% CRIME STOP SUPPORTER
LCL

October 30, 2013 at 1:25 pm
(16) FrankG says:

How would you defended yourself with a .44 pointed 12″ from your face?
These guys have nothing to loose…they will shoot you at an eye blink… he has nothing to loose…