Most people associate the Indian Motorcycle company with curved fenders, Steve McQueen, and a tumultuous history of ownership that seemed destined to relegate the brand to oblivion.
Thankfully for nostalgics (and Harley haters alike), the 112 year-old American manufacturer is back, with traditionalist styling wrapped tightly around modern touches like cruise control, ABS, and wireless key fobs.
Presented with a choice of Indian's three model lineup, I decided to skip the Chief Vintage because, frankly, I'm allergic to tassles, while sidestepping the Chieftain because long distance rides simply weren't in my future.
So, what did I think of the last man standing, the Chief Classic?
Read my impressions in this 2014 Indian Motorcycle Chief Classic Review.
- The New Indian Motorcycle Sounds Like...
- Photo Gallery: 2014 Indian Motorcycles Lineup
- This Torquey Air-Cooled V-Twin Will Power the 2014 Indian Motorcycles Lineup
- Indian Motorcycles Conjures Further Nostalgia for Bike Launch
- 2014 Harley-Davidson Models: What is Project Rushmore?
- Six Things You Should Know About Liquid-Cooled 2014 Harley-Davidsons
Photo © Basem Wasef