The Bottom Line
- Compelling styling and detailing
- Low seat height offers easy ergonomics
- 92 ft-lbs of torque offers accelerative good times
- Forward foot controls aren't always comfortable over the long haul
- Engine vibes are irksome to some
- 68.3 inch wheelbase can make for tedious turning
- MSRP: $14,499 (Vivid Black), $14,874 (Red Hot Sunglo), $15,194 (Vivid Black Flame)
- Air-cooled, fuel-injected Twin Cam 96 powerplant
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission
- Chrome, “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 exhaust with dual mufflers
- 34 degree fork rake
- 25.5 inch seat height
- 35 MPG city, 54 MPG highway
Guide Review - 2010 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide Review
Swing a leg over this Hog, and the 25.5 inch seat height makes it easy to position yourself around the teardrop tank. Its air-cooled 96 cubic-inch v-twin fires up with the typical Harley bark, and the reciprocating piston mass at idle shimmies the internally-wired handlebar like a wind-up toy. But that's always been part of the Harley experience, and die hards will find the Wide Glide plays the part well.
The kick stand swings low to the ground, but once underway the Wide Glide is even more fun to ride than it looks. Clutch engagement is extremely progressive, and gearing is so tall that it's easy to slip the clutch until you realize you upshifted too soon and are lugging the engine... but that's all the more excuse to rev a little higher and enjoy the torquey power delivery of this fuel-injected v-twin.
The arms and feet-forward posture is extended (though not as extreme as the Night Rod Special), and a considerable wheelbase and raked out fork translates to relatively slow turns. But in urban riding, the bike's power and low-slung center of gravity make it maneuverable enough for a good time.
Non-Harley aficionados may shrug off bikes like the Wide Glide, but for those with an affinity for the Milwaukee brand, this cruiser hits some sweet notes.>>Click here for a 2010 Harley-Davidson Wide Glide Photo Gallery<<
>>Click here for a 2010 Harley-Davidson Buyer's Guide<<
>>Click here for a 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Buyer's Guide<<