Harley-Davidson's 2008 Cross Bones joins the Softail family as an homage to post-war era bobbers.
Starting at $16,795 in black and $17,140 with color paint, the Cross Bones boasts ape-hanger style handlebars, springer front suspension with leading link forks, and a considerable height of 49.4 inches.
Key features include:
- An air-cooled, 1,584cc Twin Cam 96B powerplant that produces 87.9 ft-lbs of torque at 2,750 rpm
- A six-speed Cruise Drive transmission
- An adjustable sprung solo seat that sits as low as 26.6 inches
- Straight shot exhaust with chrome slash-cut mufflers
- A 200mm rear tire
- Gloss Black cat-eye tank console with a new speedometer face
Weighing 737 lbs in "running order," the Harley-Davidson Softail Cross Bones isn't the nimblest of motorcycles, but its bobber styling cues and retro details effectively reinforce the nostalgic style that typifies the Harley-Davidson brand.
|Cross Bones Action||Prominent Mini-Ape Hangers||Cross Bones at the Diner||Harley's Retro Bobber Style|
|Cross Bones Rear 3/4||A Mean Profile||Big Pipes||Low Speed Tilt|
|Cross Bones Action II||Through a Glass Clearly||Cross Bones Front||Cross Bones at Dusk|