Ducati's 2008 Monster 696 ($8,775) is the first major redesign in the iconic naked bike's 15 year history, and has been loaded with improvements including:
- An increase in power from 72 to 80 horsepower (as compared to the 2007 695 model,) and 11% more torque, for a total of 50.6 lb-ft.
- Revised ergonomics that include footpegs that are lower and further forward, and a shorter handlebar reach.
- All-digital, MotoGP-style gauges.
- Fuel tank sides that remove easily for quick replacement and/or color change.
- A large aluminum swingarm and cast aluminum rear subframe.
- Radial brakes.
- Longer service intervals.
While the 2008 Monster's upgrades make it an even more formidable entry level bike, its trellis frame and general silhouette help retain its trademark appearance. >>Click here for a review of the 2008 Ducati Monster 696<<