BMW's ambitious new K1600GT and K1600GTL touring bike is an all-out attack on the standard-setting Honda Gold Wing, and features:
- Two models: the K1600GT, and the more touring-oriented K1600GTL
- A 160 hp inline 6-cylinder engine that produces 70% of maximum torque (129 lb-ft) at a mere 1,500 rpm. Maximum horsepower is achieved at 7,500 rpm.
- Lightweight construction throughout via magnesium and aluminum parts
- The GTL includes a standard xenon (HID) headlight, heated grips and seat, cruise control, on-board computer, and a top case, among other features.
- ABS will be standard.
- Three riding modes: "Rain", "Road", "Dynamic"
- A standard audio system with iPod, Bluetooth and satellite radio controls
- Standard Paralever and Duolever suspension; options will include electronic suspension (ESA II), dynamic traction control, and a adaptive headlight that compensates for lean and pitch angle
|GTL - Red||Rear View||Profile||Profile|
|GTL - Two Up||Slick Turn Signals||GTL, With Top Case||GTL Cockpit|
|On the Road||Accessories||Tall Windshield||GTL Saddle|