To Get There
- It might be to the store or it might be to peace of mind. The bike is the way to get there.
- —Guest fourdog
- I ride for the pleasure of riding and I ha e been riding for 25 years. There is nothing better than your toes up and wind in your face. Plus motorcyclist are way more friendly than cagers are. I have made some awesome friends and I will continue on in the wind.
- —Guest Motorcyle dude
Can't imagine not riding
- I got my first motorcycle 3 months after I got my drivers license at 16. That was 40 years ago. Its the right thing to do. Its flying on the ground. I can dip and soar and carve canyon until my behind is so sore, I have to stop for the day. Its being out in nature. And, there is nothing like hitting the top of the power curve accelerating up an entrance ramp and coming onto the freeway at speed or faster.
- —Guest Katgirl
Why do I ride (soon)
- When i was 14 i came to live in Barcelona, i used to sit near the national street for hours just to see those sportbikes fly by. I just turned 21 and finally i'm getin both licenses (car+motobike , actually i went just for the bike one but they made me a special price on cars aswell so..)Next summer is gonna be a tough one since i have to work hard and afford a sport bike. Someday i know that i'll be sitting on a 600 rr , dreamed so much about it that i can almost touch it , feel it , taste it . The feeling of freedom , being in touch with anything around me , feel that chilly sensation in my skin. Its just a matter of time but i know that it is there, waiting for me. Peace Love Unity Respect !
- —Guest 4ld0
- I don't ride a motorcycle because I am too scare. I wish I can ride because I found this beautiful Bonneville SE. Some one please teach me to ride. I want to be freeeeeeeeee....
- —Guest Harry
I ride COz...
- Its my way of Meditation... I feel both connected and detached form the material world.. my Yamaha FZ and Me ... we become one ...and then there is magic... Feel her purr beneath me when the RPM goes above 4000...and then when we relax..listen to the clicks of her cooling down..
- —Guest Pushkar
Because of the thrill
- Nothing comes close to shifting through the gears, feeling the raw power of the machine.. Knowing that nothing on the road can touch me. Its all a thrill seeker could ask for..
- —Guest BorderLineAlaska
- TwoWheelsaturnin' BigMotorBurnin' IRidethehiway-alone
- —Guest DarwinBrando
- At 71 yrs of age whats left for pure enjoyment, but due to health problems, its only a 500cc Maxi-Scooter
- —Guest Frederick Brown
I ride because i love it!
- Well,i am 19 years old and i love my moto-bike,i ride since i was 10 years old ! Riding its the best way to avoid prb and stress,also keeps you in good physical and mental shape!
- —Guest Suzana
i ride because
- Dragging knee at 120mph is when im free. Anybody can go fast on a straight but curves are my passion, bad days you just get on the bike and ride out, its basically my escape
- —Guest guest
- Would love to ride a motorcycle ( Pillion ) again.have owned many Harleys but being a senior male I sold my last harley.How I miss the wind on my face! Ride safe me friends
- —Guest Raymurrin
It just feels good
- I ride because it feels good, nothing else feels quite the same as being on your bike. You have to focus on what you're doing and that takes your mind off everything and brings about a sense of calm. When you ride a bike you're part of a family and every other bike rider you meet seems to feel the same, friendly, i like that.
- I guess that this is the balance of reason for me and the "swinging of the pendulum" back to the selfish/self indulgent part. I have had Corvettes, Transams and motorcycles and always found that matrimonial issues tend to remove those items in a seemingly innocent way. When the "pendulum" swings back, it tends to go to the other extreme and the freedom it tends to invoke the reminicence of a lost youth where you do not have the incumberances of stress and obliging yourself to others. Cruising the backroads is perhaps the best experience of owning a cruiser (1997 Suzuki Maurader) = speed limit and focus on what you are doing. The next best thing is ensuring that your machine is in pristine condition and polished to reflect the pride of ownership. If you are not riding then polish
- —Guest bg
I ride because:
- Only a flight in a very small plane (open cockpit) delivers as much exhilaration for me; only a trip alone on a loaded bike engenders interesting meetings at nearly every stop.